Hi Grace,

Your blog post this week was a great and informative read! In particular, I like how you provided a definition for multimedia at the beginning of your post, and subsequently described the impact it has on learning environments. This logical flow made it easy to understand your written blog post. Additionally, I really like the infographic you made for this week’s discussion. It is clear you paid great attention to incorporating some of the Adobe design principles we learned about this week, such as alignment, repetition, balance, and colour. Further, I also appreciate that you integrated the Signaling Principle into your infographic. Considering your infographic is about the benefits of multimedia learning, your use of big text helped draw my attention to the main points of your topic. In doing so, I had a better understanding of the content of your post, for people learn better when key information is emphasized through the application of cues (Mayer, 2014).

One question I have after reading your post is: despite all the benefits, do you think there are any disadvantages to multimedia learning? For instance, having access to a vast variety of information is one of the advantages of multimedia learning, as noted in your infographic; however, can this hinder students’ learning by overloading them with information? I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Really great job!

Xinh

Mayer, R. E. (Ed.). (2014). The Cambridge handbook of multimedia learning (2nd ed.). Cambridge University Press. https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9781139547369